1. ABSENCES a) No credit or refund is given for illness, vacations, or other absences. Please see the “Make-Up Classes” section below for more details. b) Students who are absent due to emergency, illness, family trip, etc. are still charged the same tuition installments. Students who are or will be absent for one month or more have the option to withdraw from the school and pay the $100.00 Registration Fee when they return. c) If the instructor determines that a student requires additional tutoring for work missed to keep up with the class, the student may be required to take private lessons at an additional cost.
2. MAKE-UP CLASSES a) Students should email email@example.com ideally two days in advance before attending a make-up class. b) Students may make-up missed classes as available at both locations, but only for the same grade level or below. Students who are nine years and older may attend a Contemporary, Hip Hop, Jazz, Lyrical, Modern or Tap class as a make-up class. c) Make-up classes may be taken before or after an absence, but should be within the same school term as the absence. For example, you cannot make-up a Fall-Spring School Year absence during a Summer Session; you cannot make-up a Summer Session absence during the Fall-Spring School Year. d) It is the student/parent’s responsibility to schedule make-up classes for absences.
3. COMMUNICATION a) Correspondence is available via email firstname.lastname@example.org. For urgent matters, please call 510-656-0920. b) Communication at our school is done primarily by email and our website. Please check your e-mail regularly for updated information such as schedule changes, rehearsals, performances, exams and other announcements that may affect you/your dancer. The Rachel’s Ballet website contains all resources and can provide information such as important dates, fees, policies etc. to answer immediate questions. c) Teachers are not available during class time for parent/teacher discussions. If you would like to talk with a teacher about your child’s progress, please leave your name and contact information with the teacher, or email email@example.com to request the teacher to contact you.
4. RAD EXAMINATIONS (as applicable) The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) examinations may occur on school days and could require your dancer missing school for a partial day or full day. All exam scheduling is done by RAD (not Rachel’s Ballet) and there are unfortunately no changes after RAD assigns the schedule of individual dates and times.
6. A + B CLASSES Some twice a week classes are divided into three classes. In these cases one is called class A and one is called class B and the third class is A+B combined. Parents may choose which class they prefer their dancer to attend, A or B and the A+B class is mandatory for all dancers to come together for any rehearsals, exam preparation, choreography, etc.
7. COSTUMES Costumes are required for Rachel’s Ballet productions which are all rentals and supplied by Rachel’s Ballet for Showcase (May). Other dance forms and PPDC classes will require costumes to be purchased and more information will be supplied by the administrator/teachers.
Measurement guides and sizing info is as follows: Measure in INCHES and remember to keep room for growth as showcase is in May. If in-between sizes please use the GIRTH measurement as your deciding factor. BUST/CHEST: Dancer’s arms should be down and relaxed. Measure around the fullest part of the chest keeping the measuring tape parallel to the floor. WAIST: Measure the natural waistline (belly button) HIPS: Measure the fullest part of the lower body. GIRTH: Measure from the center of one shoulder, down the front of the torso, through the crotch and up the back to the starting point. INSEAM: Measure the inside of the leg from the crotch down to the ankle bone.