Parent & Teacher Meeting to Discuss 2019-20 School Year
Please watch this special video and then continue reading.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/
We are happy that our students were able to participate online during the shelter-in-place.
As our country, state and local communities mobilize to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), our hearts go out to all those affected by this outbreak. Certainly, life as we know it has changed rapidly as we shelter in place, practice safe social distancing, adjust to an extraordinary amount of time at home and listen to news reports of the impact of COVID-19 throughout the world. While we adapt to the resulting inconveniences and hardships, please remember and pray for those who are suffering and those who are wearily working on solutions.
We look forward to when we can return to our regular schedule. Meanwhile, we are watching carefully and following the guidelines of our state and local health directors. Our goal is to make adjustments in our studios and teaching practices that maximize the health and safety for everyone. We appreciate your patience and compliance as we make these changes and adhere to new public health guidelines.
Last Day of Zoom Classes: Thu, May 21, 2020
Assuming the local health orders allow us to resume our activities, the 2019-20 School Year
will continue Jun 15-Aug 29 to replace missed classes during this shelter-in-place.
We have made tuition adjustments which are detailed on the next page. Please choose the best plan for you from the three options.
To help us plan further, please let us know by Mon, Jun 1 if you want to return to ballet classes
for the extended session Mon, Jun 15 – Sat, Aug 29.
Due to required social distancing and health guidelines, class sizes will be smaller.
Exam and Competition dates are being rescheduled.
TUITION & FEE ADJUSTMENTS
Please select the option that best applies to you:
EXTENDED TUITION OPTION A
For those who paid through the 2020 Spring session:
Credit will be offered for the 2020 Summer Extended session.
EXTENDED TUITION OPTION B
For those who paid through the 2020 Spring session
and cannot attend the 2020 Summer Extended session:
Credit will be offered for the 2020 Fall session.
EXTENDED TUITION OPTION C
Withdrawal Refund for those who Paid In Full (PIF) for 2019-20:
For someone who is not continuing in 2020-21, a refund in the
amount of two installments will be given. By exercising your 30-day notice, a Withdrawal Student is welcome to make up additional classes through Sat, Aug 29, 2020.
- Showcase and Competition fees will be refunded to Seniors.
- Showcase and Competition fees will be credited to the 2020-21 school year for all others (non-Seniors).
- 2020 ICON Competition is rescheduled to August.
- 2020 RAD Exam will be rescheduled to the last few weeks of our extended session.
NEW POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
as of May 16, 2020
For everyone’s safety, we will continue to update these policies if adjustments are needed.
TEMPERATURE CHECK – 98.6° IS NORMAL
Parents, please check your own as well as your child’s temperature before coming to class.
Everyone must check their temperature before entering all Rachel’s Ballet studios and performing facilities. Please do not attend if your temperature is 99° or above. By abstaining from attending class, your child can get well more quickly and avoid spreading any kind of illness to others.
The temperature check is required of everyone:
In order to support social distancing requirements, we can no longer congregate in the lobby, nor can it be used as a waiting room.
OBSERVERS & DRIVERS, PLEASE WAIT IN YOUR CAR
Please stay in the car or go to a nearby park when waiting for your child.
FACE SHIELD & MASKS
A face shield is required of all teachers and students. These can be purchased from the school for $5 each. Please take yours home to sanitize each day. Additional shields can be purchased from the school or from another resource. All others (parents, staff, etc.) are required to wear face masks.
GENERAL CLEANSING PRACTICES
- Every effort is being made to enhance the safety and sanitizaion of our school with the hope that we can help reduce and erradicate COVID-19. These standards and practices are necessary while we await a vaccination and new forms of detection. Please use good judgment to support these efforts.
- Please WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER (the most effective protection) before coming to class and performances.
- If regular washing is not available, then please use HAND SANITIZER.
- Special care will be taken to clean and wipe down the studio between classes throughout each day, including barres and sound equipment.
- SPECIAL CLEANING AND SANITIZING UV-Light Equipment has been added to our regular cleaning. The new equipment will be used in the studio after each day of use.
We hope to see you all at the Zoom meetings:
Friday, May 22 at 5 PM (DTL1-G2) and 6 PM (G3-Vocational).
We will have recorded information for those unable to attend.
Please send me an email to let me know if you need access to this recording. Thank you.
Rachel Tan and the Rachel’s Ballet Staff